Printing at the COllege of Design
All College of Design lab printers are located in our output center in room 426 Design, along with other additional, specialized devices. All transactions are either billed to your UBill, or billed to an account*.
Equipment and Costs
- Lab Black & White Printing: Managed through PaperCut. Cost per page/side = 5 credits. Design Students receive a quota of 1300 credits per academic year. Any printing to the Lab Black & White printers that exceeds that quota will be billed to your UBill at 5 cents per page/side.
- For double-sided printing, just click the option in the print dialog, under Layout > Long-edge binding.
- Savin 5100 Pre-press color printer: First print – $1.25 per page, multiple copies of that print – $.50 per page.
- Letter: Regular, Glossy, Heavy Gloss, and Heavy Matte
- Tabloid (11×17): Regular, and Heavy Matte
- 12×18: Heavy Matte, Glossy, and Heavy Gloss
- Epson 9890 Wide Format color printer: handles up to 36 inch wide prints on Photo Luster paper: $.60 per linear inch.
- This printer is used to produce high-quality, archival prints.
- Epson 3880 Photo Printer: Satin and Glossy papers in the following sizes:
- 8.5×11 – $2.00
- 13×19 – $4.00
- 17 x 22 – $6.00
- Océ Colorwave Wide-format plotter/copier/scanner: up to 36 inch wide color plots, or copies, on bond paper. $.75/square foot.
- This printer is best suited for plans and other low ink-coverage prints.
* In order to use a fund account number, please email Jennifer Nieland with the following information: account #, the name of the account, and the net-id of the person who will be receiving the receipts. We will issue a card to be presented whenever the account is used.